Monday, September 4, 2017

I hate that I miss you when I shouldn't, even if all we've been was nothing but a quick burst of infatuation - a slight attraction, that made everything seem clear but only to have it fall dull and lose all color. You had potential. I thought I would be right this time.

Oh how wrong was I. So very wrong. And now it's too late. I refuse to stand by and watch as you place me in a box where you labeled me as such, when all my feelings for you were true and believable and yet you push me aside, judging me by my looks rather than my character, when all I thought of you was the world for your kindness, your generosity, the warmth you radiate, rather than the way your eyes crinkle up when you smile, or how your charm complements your strength.

You had me fooled. Here I now lay thinking of what went wrong - what is wrong with me - why can I never get somebody to love me?

But the newsflash that I'm so tired of hearing was there all along - it's simply because it isn't meant to be. And I am nothing more than just a girl - an unwanted girl wanting the attention of wrong men.

You had my attention. You had my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment